Sunday, October 5, 2008

Influence

Lately I have been busy thinking about how to make my life count, in everyday life. How to make changes that makes a difference. How to live differently in the ordinary. And yesterday I saw a beautiful,- flesh and blood example of just that. I was on the bus, driving to the neighbor city, and the bus driver was such a man! It wasn´t any big things, just the way he related to the alcoholic that came in, the foreigners on the bus, and also how he stopped the bus and greeted a lady on the street- as he drove by. How he asked me if he could help me with my stuff....  Tiny little things  that blew my mind.  

Some people make an impact, and change the world they are a part of for the better. I wanna be one of those people! 

 "The shack" (which I don´t really like in itself, but keep quoting anyway) says: ....if anything matters, everything matters. Because you are important, everything you do is important. Every time you forgive, the universe changes ; every time you reach out and touch a heart of life, the world changes....

I like the thought of that; Changing the universe, changing the world. It has always been my dream. But it is so easy to fall into the trap of forgetting the small and seemingly insignificant things, as we strive for the "important" stuff that is praised and noticed.

 

No comments: